Hi there! Today I will make another post about another Halloween craft we enjoyed and can’t wait to start using.
I love the idea of an advent calendar, and because Halloween is fun too, I decided to give it a try to create a little countdown calendar for last 10 days before the big day. The idea was inspired from a Christmas wreath made by the residents of a nursing home where I worked last year as an agency nurse. It was so colourful and fun and said I have to try this.
- a wreath ring
- paper toilet rolls
- tissue paper
- double sided tape
- colourful cardboard
- a sharpie
First steps were to make a design in my head of what I wanted to make. It took a while to actually visualise and decide that.
- use the coloured cardboard to make a support for the wreath ring and for the homemade crackers. Use the tape and wire to ensure it sticks well. I chose to use 2 shades of coloured cardboard, but you can use anything you like
- for the crackers, you use the tissue paper, double sided tape and toilet rolls. Chose your colour, cut the tissue paper into squares larger than the toilet rolls, fill the toilet roll with candy and put it together. I have sealed the crackers with sellotape, but ribbon can be used for greater effect.
- I used white paper to create a contrast on each cracker and to write down the numbers for the countdown.
- the crackers were glued to the cardboard in a random way
- I have cut a toilet roll in half and glued it in the middle of the wreath vertically in order to stick the centrepiece there. You can handwrite it or print it, your choice. Use sellotape or hot glue gun to stick it in place.
Arianna can’t wait to start opening the crackers and I’m sure it will be a fun wait until Halloween this year!
Leave your thoughts and ideas in the comments section below and share our content if you like it for your friends to see it as well.