The pandemic came as a shock to the population of the Earth, and everyone started to be more careful now with hand hygiene and are more aware of the importance of a healthy lifestyle. As everyone else, we worried and did research, especially on how to boost the immunity, to prepare the bodies for any situation.
I would like to share with you some of these simple things all of us can do to boost the immunity.
The immune system is your body’s way of protecting you from disease-causing microorganisms. It does not guarantee you of not getting ill, but the stronger the immunity is, the less likely is to get sick. A strong body needs balance and harmony, a wise person once said.
Here are some of the top advice given by professionals that I work with and some found on the mighty internet:
- balanced meals that include plenty of fruits and vegetables, which equals with lots of vitamins supporting the body to stay strong and remain energetic. Some of most important fruits and vegs are: broccoli, citrus fruits, ginger, spinach, garlic, red bell pepper, papaya, seeds, kiwi, turmeric.
- it always comes down to a healthy weight, of course! This is simply because the malnourished or overweighed are more prone to illnesses, and if you want to give your body the best chance of preventing diseases, you have to aim for a healthy body mass index as well
- avoid smoking and drink alcohol only in moderation for same obvious reasons
- sleep enough, in between 7-9 hours a night, to refresh you body and strength and fortify every system in your body
- exercise, if you haven’t guessed it already! Regular exercises help you maintain a healthy weight, give you energy for the day, help you prevent heart disease and other conditions. There are contradictory information about if exercising boots the immunity or not, but in my opinion, it definitely does, just because it is a way of helping you to maintain a healthy weight, to eat and sleep better, which are crucial for the immune system
- also, try to minimise stress. This is hard, sometimes, but stress never did no good to no one, so why not to try our best to minimise it.
Overall, a healthy lifestyle in general is very important for our wellbeing, which really makes me a bit self-conscious of how bad I am at this chapter.
This time of the year it’s very common to get colds, especially for me, so making sure my body is ready for the season it’s one of my top tasks on the list, and ensuring Arianna is ready as well
In pharmacies you can find a bunch of products that can be bought over the counter that are promising to make your immune system stronger then never, but without extra effort from you, no pill will do miracles.
What other advice would you give me for boosting my immunity? What worked best for children? I’m looking forward receiving your ideas and thoughts in comments section, down below.