Hello there! So nice to have you back on my blog! Today’s post is about new dads and how to create a survival kit for them.
I loved the idea of a survival kit. I was researching a lot of how the life with the baby would be, and I was working in healthcare, so I did had an idea of how to look after little Arianna, but Andrei did not know as much.
On the 8th of March, in Romania we celebrate the Women’s Day, and on the 9th, the Men’s Day, when all the men should drink 40 glasses of wine to celebrate the saints that suffered in 320 for the christianity.
So, on the 9th of March 2018, I prepared a letter from baby for my hubby with a little bag with everything deemed necessary for a new dad, as following:
- one energy drink – for the extra energy needed to survive the times to come (I was due in April)
- a battery – for when the energy drink fails
- toothpicks – to help keeping the eyes open on those late nights when baby will be crying/unsettled
- one dummy – for desperate cases only (as we agreed we didn’t want to offer one)
- wet wipes – for when he was in charge of nappy changing
- one peg – as nappies can be nastyyyy
- Bepanthen – as a happy baby makes a happy daddy
- headphones – for those nights when baby will cry and daddy won’t be able to watch a movie to relax
- baby bodysuit with instructions to use – cute little thing
- plush heart – because the gift came from mommy and baby’s hearts.
The letter explained everything and was written from baby’s point of view with an encouragement note.
My husband is not an emotional type of guy, but he got touched but this gesture and blushed for a second.
New dad survival kits are a great way of showing the new dads they are going to change their lives as well, but that they are so important for this role and loved for all the surreal efforts they are putting into changing in order to make the environment perfect for a little baby.
You can find new dad survival kits to buy or you can make them yourself, personalise them to what your partner loves and you know will make him smile.
Share your ideas with me and leave us a comment down below!