Hello there! I am Flo, for those of you that don’t know me and today’s topic gravitates around personal development. As a woman, mother and wife, I feel that it is my duty to myself to be the best version I can be, which means to be in a continuous evolution.
Being ambitious sometimes comes very natural, but most people (including myself) have to find the right motivation to achieve their goals. I’ve researched a bit this topic and found that ambition can be very easy to find if you follow some easy steps. Here are some of them that I found helpful in my journey towards success:
- 1. Set A Goal – having a SMART goal in your mind makes it easier to keep you motivated to work, in order to achieve that goal. What I like to do is to display that goal in a place where I can see it every single morning, to remind myself what I have to work for. I make it very visual, with pictures or items that are highlighting how bad I want to reach my goal.
- 2. Be Positive – I know how hard it can be sometimes to see the bright side of a situation when you are followed by bad luck. But believe me when I say that a positive mind makes a huge difference in your progress and your ambition will not be affected by little problems. Write quotes that uplift your mood and read them when you feel you’ve been infected with negative thoughts, and you will see how strong you will feel again and willing to go on with your plan. Plus, think of the laws of attraction – the more you think that you will succeed, the more probable it is you will.
- 3. Think Outside Of The Box – sometimes, rethinking the strategies to achieve a goal are lifesaving! No matter what my goal is, there are times when I can’t understand what went wrong, because I can’t accept the fact that maybe I haven’t chosen the right strategy in the beginning. Have a break and try to see the situation with different eyes, from a different point of view. Take a risk! New ideas will soon cross your mind and you will be one step closer to your success. And why not, discuss with a close friend or family member and see what their opinion is.
- 4. Invest In Yourself – in your journey the most important thing it is for you to feel happy, to learn new things, to be relaxed, to chose the right decisions for you, not anyone else. Prioritize yourself, as no one else will if you don’t.
- 5. Surround Yourself With Ambitious People – it is essential as motivation sometimes is decreasing and being around lazy people you won’t find support. Ambition is contagious, and seeing the determination of the others will help you find the strength to carry on. It happened to me to be in the wrong company, and I’ve waisted so much time just crying about my situation, not finding the right resources to keep my motivation, and as result I stagnated and even went backwards, instead of building myself up for a brighter future. I managed to get out of that situation just by walking away and surrounding myself with people that followed their dreams, put passion into their actions and encouraged me to do the same.
- 6. Now Is Your Moment! – delaying the journey achieving your goal will not solve anything. Later you won’t be more prepared, more organized, more determined. If you care about your goal, and if it’s personal to you, you will be successful. And the more you work for you, the better you will become.
Being ambitious is personal to each individual and each goal is made to help you make a difference. Be true to yourself and follow what your gut instinct is telling you, but a very dear friend of mine once said that if you love something enough, you will find the right way towards it.